Massage Students Info
- SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION
The Student Services department works with potential massage therapy students through the whole enrollment process. Please feel free to contact that department at any time.
- Students are expected to start training on their scheduled start date.
- Please see Refund Policy in your own personal catalog for other significant dates.
NOTE: Potential students are advised to check with all appropriate regulatory agencies to confirm completion of the program/course offered by the Integrated Massage Therapy College will satisfy initial or renewal licensing or certification requirements of that agency.
- Provide proof of identification in a form of a driver’s license, social security card, or birth certificate.
- A student must have a High school diploma or a GED.
- A student must be at least 18 years of age.
- The student may be refused admission do to a felony.
- The above admission requirements may prevent a graduate from obtaining employment, and therefore, may be deemed as barriers to admission to the school.
- Admission may still be granted to applicants who do not meet the above requirements, if the school determines the applicant is capable of obtaining employment upon graduation. For example, applicant may be required to provide substantial evidence that employment opportunities exist regardless of the above admission requirements.
- The school will make this determination on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit a complete enrollment packet.
- Present proof of identification.
- Attend an admission’s interview.
- Applicants may apply any time prior to enrollment.
- ACCEPTING TRANSFERS AND CREDIT
- Students coming in with previous training from another establishment may submit, in writing along with completed course information, to the school Director. IMTC will evaluate the transfer to determine if and how much can be transferred.
- IMTC does not guarantee the transferability of its credits to any other institution unless there is a written agreement with that institution to accept IMTC hours.
- If you are planning to continue your education with another school after you earn your hours from IMTC, you should check with that school regarding credit/hour transfer policies.
- TRAINING DESCRIPTION
- Instruction and training takes place at the School’s facility and/or designated training facility.
- Classroom and Internship may take place in separate locations, as deemed necessary by the school.
- Classroom and/or lecture training may take place in a classroom/lecture environment and/or intern site.
- The number of students per class range from 1 to 20 students.
- Generally, classes will receive orientation training as a single group; however, the school may deem it appropriate to divide the class size into smaller units.
- Training may take place in a variety of academic environments including but not limited to: lecture, hands-on, lab, and internship.
- Faculty are experienced and qualified in each of their respective areas of study.
- Faculty is encouraged to utilize teaching techniques to meet course objectives.
- Teaching strategies may vary with each instructor.
- Lab is structured where students are organized into groups.
- Maximum student to instructor ratios are as follows: classroom instruction – 30:1.
- The normal training day runs approximately 12 hours with 1 hour lunch break.
- Fridays are half days from 7am-1pm with weeknds off.
- Changes in training schedules may occur due to major holidays, weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
- HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
- IMTC will help students, that are not local, obtain housing for the duration of their program.
- If the student does not have transportation they will be able to easily utilize public transportation.
- The school has transportation information available to students upon request.
At this time child care is not available, but will be added at a later date for students that do not have someone to keep their children through the week. A student will be provided with a list of child care centers in the area upon request.
Students Request for Information
405.420.9516 | 1.866.447.5184